The Thompson Strainer is a unique patented product (U.S. Patent # 5,132,013). Smart and user-friendly, you can use this strainer for a variety of applications in order to remove particles found in water or other fluids. This strainer has a great screen surface area and uses gravity to separate solids from the fluid to be filtered and then screened.
Advantages (the principle):
- Non-deformable solid particles are flushed via a bottom flush port.
- Greater screen surface area that contributes to reduced maintenance (conical screen with 3 to 5 times more screen surface area than with standard basket strainers).
- Heavy-duty screen mesh thicker than standard models.
- Operates with less than a 1-PSI pressure loss so as to minimize system operating costs.
- Simple design, no moving parts, and energy-efficient.
Standard specifications for Thompson Strainers:
- Designs with in/out 2” to 10” ports (NPT, ANSI flange and sanitary flange)
- 2 port connections for differential pressure cell
- Standard pressure rating of 150 psig
- Pump suction or pressure installation
- Ultra-polished finish
(Available options) Screen selection based upon your specific needs:
- Wide range of perforated hole-openings from 1/4" to 50 microns
- Inlet/outlet and flush port positioning based on installation
- Stainless steel 304 (standard), 316, or alloy of your choice
- Low-profile or compact model for small spaces
- Wide selection of materials for gaskets to ensure process compatibility
- Bolted, clamp, or eye bolt lid type
- Duplex unit with single control lever
- High flow potential when linked with manifold connector
- Quick and flexible design via the SolidWorks design software